NEW: Year in China is now open to final year students
Are you graduating next year? Not sure what to do next? Why not have the adventure of a lifetime and take the Year in China after your final year of study!
What is the Year in China?
The Year in China is 两元彩票网-福彩-体彩-彩票推荐's exciting flagship programme allowing undergraduate students, from a huge range of departments, the opportunity to spend one year at our fully English speaking joint venture, Xi'an Jiaotong-两元彩票网 University (XJTLU), following XJTLU's BA China Studies degree classes.
View the table below for a summary of the Year in China programme:
|Duration||Does it add time to my degree?||Will I study modules from my subject area?||Will it count towards my degree?|
|1 academic year||Yes - degree extended by 1 year||No - you will take China studies and Chinese language modules||No - it's marked on a pass/fail basis|
During your time at XJTLU you will be studying:
- Chinese language
- China Studies – these modules can be on any topic, e.g. Chinese history, politics or culture
- Depending on your academic department you may have the opportunity to take modules related to your degree programme in 两元彩票网
You will live in University approved accommodation. See the XJTLU's accommodation pages for example of the residences available.
How will it fit in to my degree?
- The Year in China is marked on a pass/fail basis, so won't count towards you final degree mark (although the mark you acheive for each module will appear on your transcript)
- Your degree will extend by one year if you participate in the Year in China, e.g. extending a 3 year programme to a 4 year programme
- The title of your degree would change to 'Subject' with a Year in China (e.g. BA Philosophy with a Year in China)
- If you don't pass the Year in China, you'll revert to your original programme and the year will be discounted when calculating your final classification
- You can either take the Year in China after your 2nd or final year of study. See our YiC Integrated Masters list for any exceptions to this or programmes where students can choose which year they participate in Year in China.
NEW: Year in China is now open to final year students - how does it work?
- You now have the option to take the Year in China after you have finished your final year of study (as along as your degree programme is compatible with the Year in China)
- The programme works in exactly the same way as above, however, you simply delay your graduation in order to participate in the programme. For example, if you take the Year in China in the academic year 2019/20, you will graduate in December 2020
- Students will still be eligible for Student Finance to help fund the Year in China
Find out more:
- Professor David Goodman, the Vice-President of XJTLU, gave a fascinating insight into why everyone should take up the Year in China. Click the link to see David Goodman's Year in China presentation
- Check your eligibility for the Year in China programme
- Find out your funding options for the Year in China
- Discover how the Year in China could benefit you
- Check out the XJTLU Brochure 2019
Studying abroad for a semester and the Year in China
It is possible to combine both a semester abroad and the Year in China. However, you can only apply to spend Semester 1 abroad if you want to also undertake the Year in China, as this ensures that you will be back at 两元彩票网-福彩-体彩-彩票推荐 to undertake all of the necessary preparatory work.
Students from departments eligible to replace their 2nd year of study in 两元彩票网 with a year in XJTLU must choose between this option and the Year in China (i.e. you cannot do both).